Samsung Galaxy Note 5 users can finally taste the flavors of Nougat – officially. UVU4EQC6 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware is now available for the device. With T-Mobile finally releasing the update, here are all the steps and links that you need to update Galaxy Note 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat official firmware. You should be able to update your Note 5 if you have received the over the air notification. However, if you can’t wait to get your hands on Nougat, this guide will help you manually flash the official firmware.
N920TUVU4EQC6 Android 7.0 Nougat details
Model name Galaxy Note 5
Country USA (T-Mobile) [Sprint link also shared]
Version Android 7
Build date Fri, 17 Mar 2017 11:40:52 +0000
Product code TMB
Before you update Galaxy Note 5 to Android 7 N920TUVU4EQC6
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the update steps.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 5 on your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Disable Samsung KIES and any antivirus programs on your PC.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 carries more than 70% of charge.
Note that this guide is tailored to T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 5 but the steps can be followed for any other Note, as long as you are using the right firmware file for your own device model.
Update Galaxy Note 5 to Android 7.0 [Sprint and T-Mobile]
Here are the steps to update Galaxy Note 5 to N920TUVU4EQC6 Android 7.0 Nougat:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Launch Odin on your PC.
- Connect your smartphone with your computer and wait for Odin to detect your device.
- In Odin, select files:
- Click on AP / PDA and select file with AP or Code in its name (this would be the extracted .tar.md5 file)
- Click on CP/Phone and select file with MODEM in its name – ignore if you didn’t get any such file.
- CSC and select file with CSC in its name – ignore if you didn’t get any such file.
- Click on PIT and select the. pit file – ignore if you didn’t get any such file.
- BL and select file with BL in its name – ignore if there is no such file.
- Make sure to check Auto Reboot and F.Rest Time. Check Re-Partition only if you selected the .pit file.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Android 7.0 Nougat update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message on Odin and your Note 5 will reboot.
- Once you see the home screen, you can disconnect your Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
Watch Our Video for more Information :
3,796 total views, 4 views today